Wednesday, November 21, 2012

New High Score

We've now been married for two years and one day, that's a new record!

This is an actual conversation we had this morning, it's what you get when two nerds get married.

Anyhow, that's not what I came here to talk to you about. I actually wanted to show you a project made for Chris as an anniversary present. Like I mentioned yesterday, we got married in Las Vegas.

Nevada and Las Vegas
This is the state of Nevada and the heart is roughly where Las Vegas is located on the map. I've been wanting to do this for a while and I'm really happy how it turned out. I certainly can't take credit for the idea as I've seen a few photos floating around the interwebs. Unfortunately I never saved/pinned any of the photos, the idea just stuck with me.

I guess the only part I didn't think until I started working on this, is the fact that the state of Nevada is one of the less excitingly shaped states. Imagine how this would've looked if it was California or Texas instead.

[Disclaimer: I love Vegas and the state of Nevada has been nothing but good to me. This is not a criticism towards either, merely an observation on the lack of visual interest in the shape of the state]

Photo wall I have to assume Chris liked it as he hung it up on the wall immediately, it's there at the end, furthest away from the camera. We've been working on a picture wall for a while, so this added to it nicely. Right now, as you can see, the collection of pictures is still fairly small, but we have another batch going up soon. There's at least a great photo from a recent wedding with a whole group of our friends, there's naturally space for a photo of our new nephew and a few other snaps, mainly from our travels, that need to be hung up.

You can also see a bit of our condo from this photo, the photo wall is in a hallway that's between the office in the back and the open space that is our kitchen, dining area and living room.

All in all I have to say that I really like how the project turned out. I ran into some problems along the way, but it wasn't actually too bad, just time consuming. I like the outcome so much that I'm already thinking about a few other things I want to make with the same technique.

0 comments:

Post a Comment