Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Inspiration

As the days are getting darker I used to get bummed about winter. This year though, I am almost excited. I can't quite explain how that happened, but I am looking forward to all the fun things to do this winter. I know this sounds almost blasphemous as I've never been a winter kind of a person. I just realized my excitement the other day and am still a bit confused. In a good way though. I've given it some thought and will perhaps get more into the thought process once I've fully figured it out.

My plan was to share today one of the things that's been occupying a lot of real estate in my head recently, lights. However, then I found this image. It has lights as well, sure, but so much more...


This space is near perfect. I was originally drawn to it because of the soft lights in the corner. I've been wanting to get some additional lights, probably on strings, to add to the condo and my first thought after seeing this was how much I loved the lights here. After closer inspection it seems like these are a more permanent cluster of bulbs, but the idea is still there.

Just look at this space though. I can't find one thing I don't like about it. There's something really serene, but quirky going on here. I have a board on Pinterest called "I want to live here" (go ahead and take a look if you're curious) and I feel like this would be the epitome and definition for it at this very moment. Maybe it's partially the cozy, wintery vibe I'm getting from it.

I have always loved exposed brick walls, so that's an obvious bonus for me. The wood floor is beautiful and even though I used to be opposed to painting a floor like that, I have to admit it's been growing on me in the last few years. I love the gilt framed mirrors and the mismatched furniture. Funny enough, just before coming home and finding this picture, I had bought an antique gilt frame. I have a project for that too... More on that later.

I could go on about the windowsill and the  crown molding and the chandelier and... Well, you get the point. I think I'll just enjoy my coffee and get lost in the mood of this photo.

So, what's inspiring you today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment