Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Inspiration

I love fall. Did I ever tell you that? It's my favourite season. Don't get me wrong, I love summer too, but the fall still comes up on top. I guess the only negative with autumn is that it precedes winter which I'm not a huge fan of. However, in my decision to keep thinking positive and not to worry over things I have no influence on, I am planning on taking this winter on differently. More positive attitude and find cool things about winter too (pun totally intended).


For now, however, let's talk about fall. Even though I'm admittedly a city-kid at heart this is the one time of the year I can truly say I enjoy nature. You know, trees and plants and whathaveyou.


I absolutely love dressing up for fall. The colours are always great, warm reds, browns, earthy colours and muted tones. Yup, right up my alley.


Oh, the food! I (like most people, I assume) eat much lighter in the summer. But when fall finally comes around even I, and that's saying quite a bit, start thinking about cooking. And often things that require more work than mad knife skills (a.k.a chopping) and assembly and possibly even more than three ingredients. I've learned how to make soup. No joke! I made french onion soup the other day. (if you want the recipe, please let me know.)

Source: weheartit.com via Blanc on Pinterest

To top it all off, I go on overdrive with tea consumption. I hardly function without coffee on any given day, yet in the fall tea seems so very appropriate. Obviously while writing letters. Or reading a book. While wearing a monocle. And discussing the high price of scones (right Laura?)

This is a slightly different Friday inspiration post that I usually write, but I am a hopeless fall-romantic. Too much gushing over the bestest season? Too bad, I've only started. I didn't even mention Halloween!

Just wait, I have a few fall-specific craft ideas and will probably go on hipster-drive by spamming your retinas with instagram photos of yellow leaves and some pseudo-intellectual quotes by dramatic sounding authors. (I am nothing if not honest with myself)

Note to self: stop while you're ahead.

Other fall-thusiasts out there?

0 comments:

Post a Comment