Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A few snippets from Quebec city

I wanted to share a few photos from our weekend in Quebec city.


Chateau Frontenac, which is now a hotel. I'm sure it would be a cool place to stay at, but maybe another time. It does look impressive though.


 Quebec City is a walled city, so you could see (obviously) walls, towers, cannons and other defence structures all over the place.


And, naturally, I was true to myself and basically kept taking a ton of photos of buildings. There were a lot of very quaint little streets and cute shop fronts.


And, the history nerd that I am, I chose one museum we would go to on Sunday before driving home. I picked the museum of civilization and found their samurai exhibit fascinating. I'm not sure if I've mentioned before, but I love, love, looove historical novels and read a lot. Basically anything I can get my hands on... One of my all time favourites is set in feudal Japan in the 1600s, so needless to say I loved every tiny bit of this exhibit. The others were fine, nothing too spectacular, but this alone was worth it for me.



I also tracked our walk on Saturday, this is the route we walked that day. I did forget to turn it on for a few bits, but it gives you an idea.

2 comments:

  1. Great, so you finally found an app to track your route. What do you use?

    Historical novels... Have you read Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall and Bringing Up the Bodies? I just finished those, about Henry XIV. But as you know, I'm a long term childhood musketeer-fan. Also a historical novel of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, finally got a good one! I'm using runkeeper. It's awesome because it also tracks elevation, I wouldn't care on regular use, but Quebec City is pretty hill-y.

      I haven't read those... I'll definitely look into it, I'm running low on books to read again. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete