Tuesday, May 22, 2012

On deadlines and shows and crafts

Last few days have been a roller coaster and there have been some ups and downs (well, that was redundant, isn't that exactly why it's called a roller coaster?). I'm sorry I've been MIA.

I mentioned last week how I have a deadline approaching, that came and went. Then another deadline. Actually, let me just tell you the story;

So, Spring Puces Pop is approaching. It's held on the second weekend of June. Puces Pop is a large curated craft show held right here in Montreal. Curated being the operative word in this case, meaning you need to apply and then, if you're lucky, you get in. This is the reason why I've been so busy. I've been experimenting with new products to see what new can I bring to the show if I get selected.

Image by Puces Pop

You saw the notebooks (see this post) and I was so happy with them. I have other products as well and I felt really good about my product line. So, I send the application in and start waiting. The deadline to hear back if you made it was Monday at 5pm.

Nothing.

I wait, and wait a little more. And I'm getting pretty bummed. I really wanted to get in. I understand that there are a lot of applications, but it doesn't change the fact that I was really hoping to get in.

By 6pm I have to accept it's not coming. I'm really bummed. A few hours in I'm still bummed, but start making new plans. By the time I've watched a few episodes of Lost (we started watching it from the start and I've only seen two seasons, Chris has only seen a few episodes. This is gonna be great), I've adjusted my plans and am ready get started on Tuesday morning to execute those plans.

It's getting close to midnight, so I check my e-mails like I always do just to see if there are new orders or need to contact customers the next morning and lo and behold, there it is. An e-mail that says "Congratulations. You've been selected..."

I'm so excited!

Just so you'll be aware, there will be a lot of talk about this show over here at the HipsterCurious. There will also be a lot preparing, making stuff, general spazzing and other necessary steps for getting craft show ready.

Here's the initial details about the show: Spring Puces Pop

(I'm now doing the happy dance, which is remarkably similar to my happy Friday dance)

2 comments: