Tuesday, May 29, 2012

And so it begins...

Although it might seem so, preparing for a craft show is not just about making things to sell. There's a lot of other planning and preparing as well. One of the big ones is what I started yesterday; Packing.



At first I prepared the cards, trimmed the excess paper, checked that they were perfect. No creased in the paper, no uneven edges, that they stand up vertically and horizontally and that there are no other visible flaws.



Then I got prepared with all the packing supplies. I'm a firm believed that brightly coloured office supplies make any job a little better. (This obviously means if you're doing a job that requires office supplies. I don't see a baker, for example, necessarily needing coloured paper clips) I've actually bought funner supplies for my desk jobs, just because I felt like a little brightening was in order. (There's a limit to this, my desk still looked professional, just a little more colourful. For example, my post-it notes came in various colours, instead of just yellow.)



This is where it all began... The first card I was packing. Appropriate as I found out that is in the photo in my seller intro for the show.

Guess what I'm doing today? Yeah, more packing! I am not complaining though, I actually enjoy doing this. There's something oddly satisfying about packing dozens and dozens of cards all in the same way. I think it's because it gives me a sense of finishing things. This is the last step in making these items available for my customers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment