Saturday, April 14, 2012

What to wear now, part deux

These are trends that will work in real life and I believe will be useful even after something new replaces them.

I can't, in any possible way, call myself trendy. I just don't have that flair it takes to really be on trend or even fashionable. But, I still follow fashion (quite intently actually) and sometimes try a few trendier things. So, continuing from my first post on the topic, I figured I'd try putting together ideas that I, and I guess anyone like myself, could try out. These are actually things I really want to test out in practice.

Crazy pencil skirts

Pencil skirts have always been my favourite kind of a skirt. It works for my body type and it has that subtle pin-up vibe to it. I would absolutely love to find a few funky ones. This fad might be gone soon, but I think these are pieces I could wear for quite a while after. This is, of course, if I could find pencil skirts that fit properly...

Photos from Vogue UK (Prada) and Style.com (Stella McCartney)

Where did this come from? For me at least, there's two places where the idea solidified in my head, Prada  SS11 (that's the one with the crazy banana prints and the now infamous creepers) and Stella McCartney RTW 2011.

Lace

Oddly girly for my regular taste, but I can't help it. I've seen it everywhere and I really would love to try it.  I found a Kookai black lace top a little while ago from a second hand shop, so at least I have a start. I am on the hunt for a skirt or even a dress...

Photos from Style.com

Where did this come from? 3.1 Phillip Lim resort 2010. When I saw that black lace skirt... I was done. I still think about it.

So, what do you think? Are you trying out or already over these trends?

0 comments:

Post a Comment