Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

I'm not particularly superstitious. I've never really believed that Friday the 13th would be a particularly unlucky day (except for the templars back in the day, or so the story goes). I actually think I got proof of that (superstitions, not templars), since Thursday the 12th seemed to be unlucky for me.

And by 'unlucky' I mean I was being extra clumsy.

The day started very early in the morning, around 3am when the lamp I have on my nightstand fell on me. No biggie, you might think to yourself. Maybe not, until you see the lamp:

Photo from here

It's hard (and surprisingly sharp) plastic. I don't know how it happened (most likely the huge pile of books on the nightstand finally fell. Or the cats went a little nuts), but I have not only one, but two cuts on my forehead. From a lamp-attack no less. Nice.

I screwed up my knee recently (not on Thursday the 12th) but it has slowly been getting better. Naturally something happened to it yesterday and it hurt a lot more than it had in the last few days. I don't even know what I did. I bend down to take the laundry out of the dryer and felt like my knee exploded. (which leads me to the swift conclusion that I should stop doing laundry)

And finally, to top off the day, I stabbed myself with a pencil. Not on purpose though. I was laying down to rest my knee (with a puzzle book, hence the pencil (I told you I'm a nerd)) and somehow managed to stab myself on my right palm with it.

Stellar job!

What's your take on Friday the 13th? Lucky? Unlucky? Makes no difference?

0 comments:

Post a Comment