Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's resolutions

This year, like so many before, I've decided to NOT make any New Year's resolutions (or New Year's promises as they would be translated from Finnish). This is not a shock, I guess there's more people deciding not to make any than there are of those who do.

In celebration of 2012, even though I still won't make any personal ones, I've decided to set up some goals for this year when it comes to my business. There are so many things I know I need to do, but making Brinner-related resolutions should help me re-organize and prioritize the year for my shop!


So, here goes (not necessarily in order of priority)

1. Revamp the blog

I'm genuinely enjoying blogging. I always wondered how it would be like and when I finally got the guts to start, it's been so much fun. This year I want to continue writing, but also think about the look of the blog as well as the photos... Which brings me to the next resolution

2. Learn to take better photos

I spend so much time taking as good product photos as I possibly can. I actually feel very good about some of them and I know I've come a long way from where I started. However, the photos I take more spontaneously are less than stellar. Now, I don't expect every single one to be perfect, but get a better sense of what works.

3. Less thinking, more creating

This should be obvious, but I realize that I tend to over think things (ok, my friends are laughing now, shocker!). Since I started making Brinner more of a priority, I tend to play it safe. My resolution for this year is to keep on making things and try to learn how to not feel bad when things don't work out. It's trial and error.

4. Participate to more craft fairs

Puces POP was a blast! I will absolutely want to take part in more fairs.

5. Stress less

This is really something I need to learn not only with Brinner, but in life in general.

Are you making any New Year's resolutions?


Happy New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment